To be partnered with stlfgc.com or be included as part of an event series, any event must agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct. All players must abide by these rules to be eligible to play in any StL FGC-sponsored event. Organizers will enforce this code throughout all events. We expect cooperation from all participants to ensure a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all players and event staff.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative. Everyone starts somewhere. We are here to help each other level up and become better players.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, and harassing behavior or speech. FGC players come from all walks of life, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or whether we use a pad or a stick when we play. We are here to respect our fellow players and competitors.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert tournament staff or organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress. We are here to create the best possible environment for each other.
- Remember that event venues are open to all types of people and players. If you wouldn’t act a specific way when traveling to an event in another city, don’t act that way here at home. We are here to set a positive example for the FGC.
The following behaviors are considered unacceptable behaviors under the Code of Conduct:
- Swearing, screaming, violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes: sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
- Collusion or cheating of any sort via any means, including the use of a banned device or controller, intentionally selecting a banned stage, changing game or console settings, or willful violation of tournament rules.
- Intentionally delaying or slowing gameplay.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Doing any of the above while providing commentary on any stream provided for StL FGC events.
Before You Ask
- Taunting using in-game taunt commands and other movements is permitted.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or other patrons of StL FGC events.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, tournament organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including disqualification and/or expulsion from the tournament or future StL FGC events without warning or refund.
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a tournament organizer or bracket judge as soon as possible.
Tournament organizers will be available to help participants contact venue security (if existing) or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference. Any event staff can connect you with a tournament organizer.
We expect all tournament participants (sponsors, volunteers, judges, spectators, players, organizers, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at all tournament venues and tournament-related social events.
StL FGC organizers can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
License and Attribution
This Code of Conduct is based on the Citizen Code of Conduct and is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license. You are welcome to use this Code of Conduct in whole or in part for any FGC-related event so long as it is released under the same license.